Newel post are a crucially important design element for your polyurethane rail system. These can seem a little tricky to install but they are pretty simple. We have put together a little video to explain how the installation of the newel post works. We also have a video explaining how to install the top and bottom rail.
Newel Kit Components:
- Surface mounted plate
- 4 Mechanical fasteners (for concrete installation)
- 4 Lag screws (for wood installation)
- All thread rod
- C channel
- 1 nut (for all thread rod)
- Lock washer (for all thread rod)
- Washer (for all thread rod)
Newel Post Installation Steps:
- Put surface mounted plate onto your deck, secure the plate with screws.
- Next take the all thread rod and secure that into the surface mounted plate.
- Take newel post and place it over the top of the all thread rod after you have recessed the top of the newel post with a router for the c-channel.
- Take C channel and drop it down into the newel post so that it is flush.
- Take the big washer and put it onto the all thread rod first, then the lock washer, then the nut to secure the c-channel.
- Take adhesive (PL Premium) and place the adhesive along the edge of the newel cap once that is complete you can then place the newel cap onto the newel post.